Palace asks public to help find Janet Napoles
By KIMBERLY JANE T. TAN, GMA NewsAugust 15, 2013 4:11pm
Malacañang on Thursday appealed to the public to help authorities track down Janet Lim-Napoles, who was ordered arrested for the "serious illegal detention" of a whistleblower in the P10-billion pork barrel scam.
At a press briefing, presidential spokesman Edwin Lacierda said the Department of Justice has already formed 12 teams to track down Napoles, who remains at large.
"The regional and field offices have already been alerted. Seryoso po si Secretary Leila de Lima rito," he said.
The Palace official said they have also set up an operation center at the National Bureau of Investigation headquarters where they can take reports about Napoles.
"We encourage the public to inform us kung meron silang information tungkol sa whereabouts ni Ms. Napoles at puwedeng tawagan po ang: 524-1141, ito po ang telepono ng NBI operation center," he said.
Earlier in the day, the Philippine National Police said it cannot join the hunt for Napoles and her brother, until it receives the warrants for their arrest.
But PNP spokesman Senior Superintendent Reuben Theodore Sindac said they are ready to help the BI track the two, according to a report by Sam Nielsen on dzBB.
The Makati City Regional Trial Court had issued an arrest warrant for the Napoles for the alleged illegal detention of Benhur Luy, the whistleblower in the alleged pork barrel scam. — LBG, GMA News